Spicy Cherry Chia Jam
- 2 cups of pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons of Turkish honey
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of jalapeño flakes (could substitute for fresh jalapeño)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add the pitted cherries and Turkish honey into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring frequently. Gently mash the cherries with a spoon to release their juice.
- Stir in the jalapeño flakes and vanilla.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil then reduce the heat to low and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds. The jam will begin to thicken as it cools.
- Once cool enough, taste and add more honey to sweeten, if needed.
- Store in a clean mason jar. If air-tight, it should keep for 1-2 weeks.